Dr. S. N. Gawali
HOD, Commerce & Research, C.D. Jain College of Commerce, Shrirampur,
With contribution and distribution of very huge volume data, it is very important to make some meaningful analysis of the data. Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools and algorithms are key factor for restrict such problem. AI is fully professional in handling that customer request data and predicts the behaviour of customer using purchase or browsing history. This takes the AI technology to the next level of automating the most of the process in E-Commerce domain. AI gives a notification when there is need to re-order the stock and also provides manufacturing time table as per fluctuation in customer order after fixed period of time very accurately. The automated and data-driven supply chain has enhanced transportation, manufacturing of product, storage house and delivery of that product before time. In this we highlight the use of artificial intelligence in e-commerce and its application in various areas of e-commerce.
Keywords: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, E-Commerce.
E-commerce is way that provides purchasing and selling of various products on the internet platform. After payment of purchase order products has to reach to the customer within time. For this there is need of supply chain management. The supply chain is very important concept of E-Commerce which must be secure, continuous without any failure and fast. E-commerce is very aggressive tool for transportation industry. In current world E-Commerce is battling for more contribution towards creating and developing different strategies that can attract customer towards products. When supply chain is fully utilized functionally working then the cash flow is very efficient. Inventory is most important asset of company irrespective of whether company operated on small scale or on large scale. It is very necessary that product should deliver within time otherwise it may have risk of damage or spoilage of goods. Some advantages of successful e-commerce inventory management:
- Optimize the resources in the warehouse.
- The fast response to the fluctuation in demand
- Can identify the required amount of the inventory for every item.
- Track all the record of sales data at any time.
AI is starting to enter in all the fields of our lives. Artificial intelligence is everywhere from the self-checkout cash transaction to very high security checkpoints at the airport. Many e-commerce starts to embed many different forms of AI to understand the customer requirement, behaviour and provide better customer experience.
Use Artificial Intelligence In Ecommerce
1) Real-time product targeting. E-Commerce websites provides a better offline experience in online mode, by attracting customer by providing simple interface so that customer can find interested products easily. Machine learning algorithm helps to E-Commerce business by providing different strategies for product recommendations, discounts and various offers.
2) Visual search. Image recognition is one form of Ai where in E-commerce it helps to customer by searching any product by using image, instead of entering text to match the relevant product. Customer can search product just by using Image. Pinterest is one of best example that allow user to search by using image called as visual search and by using Image recognition software to match customer request it shows the similar items.
3) AI based hiring processes. HR department can reduce their work by using AI technology in several ways. For example, sorting of application, screening applications, keep applications with most match preferences, arranging face-to-face interview can be automated through AI technology, by using software as a service product. This eliminates the work of HR departments by using AI technology for best candidate selection.
4) Voice Powered Search. Speech recognition based search is replacing the conventional text based search in online shopping. Day by day voice recognition accuracy is improved. Almost 70% of requests are made through Google assistant. Few example of voice-controlled personal assistant are Apple’s Homepad powered by Siri, Amazon’s echo powered by Alexa. Alexa provides simple voice based search interface that can be used to do online shopping over Amazon. ComScore’s study show that near about 50% of the searches by the customer based on over voice search in 2020.
5) Assortment Intelligence Tool. Assortment planning enables the retailer to give a pleasant shopping background and most beneficial item blend to the customer. Client changes their purchasing requirements every now and again. Retailers should concentrate on their valuing systems and which item to promote progressively or drop the item. Retailers need to redesign their estimating methodologies with the end goal to hold their client and to keep them returning to their online site. Assortment Intelligence apparatus can help retailers to have 24/7 perceivability and experiences into their market rival and change their valuing in like manner to contend in the market. Retailers can examine their competitor‟s item blend and costs by the instrument. A few instances of variety apparatuses are Market Track, Competitive Intelligence Services, Aqute intelligence and wiser. Another precedent is Upstream Commerce. It depends on Data mining, Artificial Intelligence, sentiment analysis, Neural Network and image recognition. Information from retail sites is accumulated and examined utilizing item information extractor and site-crawler. The information is then broke down by coordinating engine and analytics engine.
6) Provide a personal touch with chatbots. A vast changes in technological strategies changed customer’s requirements and Nowadays E-commerce is more concentrating on developing the strategies that satisfy requirements of each and every person. There are many E-commerce options are available from where customer select the product that he/she wants to order it on single touch. There are many E-Commerce retailers are available that they provides easy interface with AI capabilities that attract customer and one of the approach which is most popular in nowadays called as ‘conversational commerce’. In this world E-Commerce now becomes a confluence of visual presentation, voice recognition and recognition and predictive abilities. The use of artificial intelligence in E-Commerce website or application the ‘chatbots’ is the another best feature that AI provides that take conversation in this next era of conversational commerce.
7) Virtual personal shoppers. Virtual individual customer can help the general population in settling on the savvy choice about their shopping, for instance Flipkart propelled a messaging service called Ping. Ping has filled in as a shopping colleague until shutdown on 2016. It was controlled by artificial intelligence to help clients to rapidly find the things they were searching for. Amazon‟s home assistant, Alexa is likewise artificial intelligence empowered virtual personal shopper assistant. It gives the client modern shopping knowledge and just needs to check your voice pattern to process the request. Other case of the shopping assistant is Mona. Mona is an Artificial Intelligence fuelled mobile shopping assistant gives the client a specialist assistant. Mona learns from the styles client enjoys, his optimal shopping point and his most loved brands.
8) AI fake reviews detection. Customer feedback is very important terms that is necessary for customer trust in the E-Commerce shopping. As per Dimensional Research’s recent study, 90 % of customer feedback said that positive review on any product make their buying decision. But there may be fake feedback that can affect any buying decision of the customer. Amazon also uses AI analyse and detect fake product reviews. Amazon’s AI machine-learning technique check whether review from verified customer purchase or not and only verified feedbacks are considered.
9) AI based sales process. Combination of AI technologies with the customer relationship management (CRM) application is very useful solution to control sales of E-Commerce. This combination of AI with a CRM application helps to improve sales by provide solutions to customer queries and even determine any new opportunities available for the sales team to increase sale. The customers can only watch which is appropriate products, are inappropriate products for their online shopping will no longer be offered.
10) Localise the customer experience. With the very fast growth of AI technologies in recent years, there is much more use of this technology in industry is appear. Wayblazer, which is an AI technology based application for the tourism industry, which is a best example of this. Wayblazer use AI to gives a better way to B2B companies from different business likes hotels, cruises and travelling, and to companies who are searching for to increase their revenue through hotel bookings application. By combining IBM’s Watson and by using its natural language strength, the business can provide efficient personalise local recommendations for customer. Personalising the outcomes means a lot of information that is not required further is deleted and only appropriate information is provided to customer. This allows customer them to make better decisions making for product selection process.
In end we can state that AI is on the ascent in the e-commerce business industry, in any case, it is still a long way from being flawless. E-commerce business firms keep on enhancing their AI instruments to more readily coordinate market request. They additionally accomplice up with different organizations to blend their abilities in AI and make more refined arrangements. We believe that Artificial Intelligence in online business will affect transactions, client maintenance, fulfilment, proficiency and some more. Simulated intelligence is changing the manner in which we purchase and move on the web. Artificial intelligence upheaval in e-commerce business will make a lot of new information science, machine learning and engineering. AI based e-commerce business will likewise produce IT employments to create and keep up the frameworks and programming that will run those AI calculations. In any case, the conversion of AI and online business may affect individuals ailing sought after range of abilities confront joblessness in coming years.
Avneet Pannu, “Artificial Intelligence and its Application in Different Areas”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Volume 4, Issue 10, April 2015
Dheeraj Kapoor, R. K. Gupta,” Software Cost Estimation using Artificial Intelligence Technique” International Journal of Research and Development in Applied Science and Engineering (IJRDASE), Volume 9, Issue 1, February 2016
Mausami Sahu, “Plagiarism Detection Using Artificial Intelligence” International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, Volume 5, Issue 04, April 2016
Ashish, A.Dongare, Prof.R.D. Ghongade, “Artificial Intelligence Based Bank Cheque Signature Verification System” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Volume 03, Issue 01, Jan-2016
Siddharth Gupta, Deep Borkar, Chevelyn De Mello, Saurabh Patil, “An E-Commerce Website based Chabot” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies (IJCSIT), Vol. 6 (2), 2015
Saloni Shukla, Joel Rebello, “Threat of automation: Robotics and artificial intelligence to reduce job opportunities”, http://economictimes.indiatimes.comUnnati Dhavare, Prof. Umesh Kulkarni ,“Natural language processing using artificial intelligence” International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS) ,Volume 4, Issue 2, March- April 2015